Our Bellana rings aren’t made from normal plated silver, instead we use 925 sterling silver which is known for its property to resist against oxidation longer.
IMPORTANT: Traces of copper will be found in our Gold/Rose Gold plating as this contributes to the colouring of the metal. In some extreme cases of sensitive, highly acidic skin, you may experience some slight greening. The other main cause of is chemicals found in hand creams. This is in fact a common trait in even the finest of jewellery.
If you are allergic or sensitive to metals or have had green tainting before then you are likely to experience the same reaction.
Those that are sensitive to metals should not purchase copper/brass based jewellery and instead opt for our 925 Sterling Silver range.
We take no responsibility or liability for any reactions that may take place; It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure all precautions are taken as we are unable to know each individual's allergies and sensitivities.
With any piece of jewellery, no matter the price, proper care is required to ensure your jewellery remains sparkly, and immaculate for as long as possible.
Overtime, oxidation will occur to your ring, and this is totally normal!
This is where your jewellery tends to turn darker and lose its shine.
To decrease the chance of your ring oxidising and loosing shine, please follow our care guide below:
Simply just pour a teaspoon of dish soap/detergent in a little bowl, with about ½ cup of warm water (as long as your ring is completely covered by the water) and mix the solution.
place your ring inside and leave it for about 5-10 minutes. For any stubborn dirt/oils, simply use a soft bristle brush, coated in the solution to gently brush the stones before soaking in just water.
Once you’ve let it sit in the solution, transfer the jewellery into another bowl, but with just warm water, no detergent. Then lay on a towel to try.